There is a 15-day refund policy with the purchase. Please make sure you read the terms and conditions for the refund policy here
What is not covered with the plugin license
What is covered with the plugin license?
- The plugin license does not cover issues that are directly related to the Zoom web interface. These should be resolved directly with Zoom support at email@example.com or their forum.
- The license does not cover dedicated support for enhancements in the existing features of the plugin.
- The license does not cover resolving issues specific to your local environment/site that prevents the plugin from functioning.
- The medium of support is limited to emails only, video-call/screen share, or remote desktop access to debug issues or answer questions is not supported.
- The license does not cover debugging issues related to the plugin on your local system. You will need to provide WP admin and FTP access to your live or staging site to allow us to debug problems on your end.
- Supports fixing generic issues that prevent the plugin from functioning properly on your site, given that the issue is not specific to your environment and could be reproduced on a live or staging server with a fresh WordPress install.
- Automatic plugin updates from your WordPress backend.
- The mode of support is limited to email only.
How Many Sites Can I Use My License Key On?
- A Non Multisite License: One active and valid subscription key can be used on one active site only. We classify each “site” as an activation URL.
- Subdomains are separate sites – a key activated for
https://docs.elearningevolve.com does not cover
- Sub-directory sites are separate sites – a key activated for
https://elearningevolve.com/site1 does not cover
- You can use a Basic, Pro, or Ultimate license for subsite(s) of a multi-site network if you don't need a network-wide activation of the plugin.
- A Multisite License: A multi-site license is suitable for a single WP multisite network where you can enable automatic updates for any no. of subsites on your network. Here are the necessary steps to configure it properly:
- The plugin must be Network Activate by super admins to activate it across the multisite network.
- The multisite license key MUST be added to the "main site" of the multisite network to enable network-wide automatic updates.
Reach out to us here
in case of any issues.