Create your Zoom meetings from the WordPress dashboard and conduct meetings directly on your WordPress site by simply using a shortcode. Zoom Integration With WordPress is an extended version of the free plugin Video Conferencing with Zoom API by Deepen Bajracharya. My plugin enhances this free plugin with some cool features that will be a gift for the WordPress community because it’s FREE 🙂
So let’s dig into the new features that are bundled with Zoom Integration With WordPress
This plugin allows your website users to join the meeting straight from your WordPress page. However, joining from the WordPress page may not work for IOS devices because Apple doesn’t allow loading of an external iframe, therefore, the plugin provides a Zoom App link on the page for users to join meeting via App incase, it doesn’t work on their specific device or browser.
You can schedule your Zoom meetings from the WordPress dashboard via this plugin and users will see a countdown timer on the WordPress meeting page before the meeting starts.
This plugin enables you to use all the features provided by Zoom for video conferencing i.e
- Join the meeting via web browser (only available for desktop clients, smartphone users have to join via app)
- Joining the conference via phone.
- Video conference option.
- Lock the meeting via Zoom option and prevent other participants to join.
- Manage participants: mute, remove, invite participants.
- Live chat: private and group chat.
- Allow screen share for only host or all participants.
- Full screen distraction free mode.
The plugin allows the admin to end or resume the meeting right from the WordPress dashboard. Once the meeting is ended the users will be a notice on the meeting page.
The plugin will allow you to set a meeting password while creating the meeting from WordPress dashboard. This option can be very useful if you want only specific users to join the meeting who can enter the password on the meeting page.
To use this plugin you will first need to obtain the API KEY and API SECRET KEY from Zoom. Follow this guide to get these values from your Zoom account to enter them on the plugin settings page
This video is a complete plugin guide. It explains all the configurations of this addon and how to use it.
- Joining the meeting directly from the WordPress page may not work for IOS devices because Apple doesn’t allow loading of an external iframe, therefore, the plugin provides a Zoom app link on the page for users to join meeting via Zoom App incase it doesn’t work on their specific device.
- The Zoom webinar module is not supported in this plugin.
- This addon only supports the features that are supported in the web version of Zoom. The features that are specific to the Zoom App like recording the video conferencing session are not supported via this plugin as they are availavle only in the Zoom App.
See the changelog page for the new features and fixes added to the plugin.
Want to see the plugin in action? Join the Zoom meeting here to see how it works.
I am getting a fatal error with your Zoom plugin: Fatal error: Cannot declare class Video_Conferencing_With_Zoom, because the name is already in use
Are you using this plugin along with the Zoom plugin? If so, please disable it first, as this plugin is an extended version of Video Conferencing with Zoom API and cannot be used together with it.
Would you like to share something? I would be glad to hear, comment below!
Submit your review
You like to do Zoom Calls?
You would like to use Zoom inside your Membership Areas with your Customers?
Then I have good news for you!
The WordPress Plugin “Zoom Video Conferencing on WordPress” makes it possible.
You think it is complicated to configure the settings? No it is very easy.
There are only some steps in the configuration. After that you can easy create zoom calls inside your WordPress Admin Panel. There you create a WordPress Shortcode that you paste in your protected Page inside your WordPress Membership (or anywhere else on your Website).
All Members doesn’t have to install zoom. Everything is possible on your website.
If you now ask yourself how much you must pay for that great and helpful plugin, then I ask you at first:
How much would you pay, if you have an easy way to do live Webinars with one or more of your Members in the easy way?
I think it is priceless!
The good news: It does not cost you anything.
So give it a try 😉
Just a quick note that I downloaded and tried Adeel Raza Zoom Integration plugin, and it works perfect.
I had some issues with its settings (mainly because of me), and Adeel was very helpful, and even updated the plugin on the go to fit my needs (RTL support and Hebrew translation, that I sent him).
I started offering this plugin to my clients, and they are very keen about it.
Great job here, Adeel
Keeps people inside your site instead of directing them away to the zoom site - for me that's a great feature